- Grenoble, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or year in the idyllic city of Grenoble with AIFS and earn up to 15 credits. Live in a homestay, or a student apartment residence for a fee. Enjoy cultural activities such as guided city walks, visits to local museums, French cooking classes, ride cable cars, hiking trips, language exchange with French students, day trips to Lyon and Annecy and go skiing. A 3-day trip to Provence and a 4-day visit to Paris are included. Optional trips include a 2-day trip to Burgundy for fall and a 2-day Alpine Spa Weekend for spring students.
AIFS in Grenoble offers a unique academic program for students wishing to begin or improve their French language, with five levels of French available from beginner through superior. Students take an intensive French language course to develop written and oral expression, comprehension, grammar and vocabulary, while also learning about French life and culture. Volunteer opportunities are also available.
- Setting Description:
- Situated in southeastern France, Grenoble lies at the crossroads of the valleys and mountains of the Dauphiné region, one of the most beautiful areas of the country. The “capital of the Alps,” the city is a haven for those who love the outdoors, with nearby hiking trails, lakes and the famous Alpine ski slopes. A modern city with some of the best universities in France and Europe, Grenoble maintains its small-town charm.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program