Spend a fantastic summer in France! Study abroad in Grenoble—with AIFS.
- Grenoble, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend the summer in the idyllic Alpine city of Grenoble, France with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 5 credits through an Intensive French Language Program at the Université Grenoble Alpes. Courses are taught in English and French with no previous French language study required.
Live in a French homestay or, for an additional fee, select a shared room in a student residence. Homestay students receive breakfast, dinner and laundry services, while students in the residence receive a meal allowance. All housing has internet access.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as:
- Guided walking tours
- Visits to local museums
- French cooking classes
- Cable car rides over the city
- Hiking trips
- Day trips to places such as Lyon, Chamonix, and Annecy or Geneva, Switzerland.
An optional 2-day excursion to Provence is available. A 2-night tour of London, England is included for students on the AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- Situated in southeastern France, Grenoble lies at the crossroads of the valleys and mountains of the Dauphiné region, one of the most beautiful areas of the country. The “capital of the Alps,” the city is a haven for those who love the outdoors, with nearby hiking trails, lakes and the famous Alpine ski slopes. A modern city with some of the best universities in France and Europe, Grenoble maintains its small-town charm.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required. Must be 18 years or older to apply. No previous French language study required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.