- Grenoble, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in Grenoble, France with AIFS. You’ll earn up to 17 credits per semester through the French Language and Culture Program at the Université Grenoble Alpes. Courses are taught in English and French, with an intermediate or above level of French required.
Volunteer in the local community while studying in Grenoble! Students can take a service learning component in addition to the standard courses. Volunteer opportunities include designing and running English language workshops for French high school students or French undergraduate students.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities including:
- Guided city walks
- Visits to local museums
- French cooking classes
- A ride on the famous cable cars over the city
- Hiking trips
- Language exchange with French students
- Day trips to Lyon and Annecy
- 3-day trip to Provence
- 4-day trip to Paris.
Optional excursions include a 2-day visit to Vercors (fall only) and a 2-day trip to an Alpine resort (spring only).
- Setting Description:
- Situated in southeastern France, Grenoble lies at the crossroads of the valleys and mountains of the Dauphiné region, one of the most beautiful areas of the country. As the “capital of the Alps,” the city is a haven for those who love the outdoors, with nearby hiking trails, lakes, and the famous Alpine ski slopes. A modern city with some of the best universities in France and Europe, Grenoble maintains its small-town charm.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required. One year recent college French required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program