- Granada, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend the summer in the charming and captivating city of Granada with AIFS and earn up to 10 credits through a variety of courses studying at the University of Granada. Choose from an Intensive Spanish Language Program or Spanish Language and Culture Program. Live in a student apartment, or select a homestay or the student residence.
AIFS includes a 2-day trip to Seville and Cordoba, and day trips to the Alhambra and Generalife Gardens, and the Costa del Sol. A 3-day optional excursion to Morocco is available. Enjoy activities such as guided city walks, visits to museums & cultural sites, tapas evening with Spanish students, hiking in the nearby Sierra Nevadas, Spanish cooking classes, & traditional music & dance performances.
- Setting Description:
- Granada, perched between the dazzling white peaks of the Sierra Nevada and the blue Mediterranean of the Costa del Sol, has a cosmopolitan air, but retains the feel of a small, welcoming Andalusian town. Traces of Moorish, Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque architecture can be found around every corner. Granada gives students the chance to be immersed in the Spanish language, culture, cuisine and tradition in a city renowned for its cultural heritage and fusion.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates, college freshman, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.0 GPA required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Study Abroad in Granada, Spain05/06/16
I had the wonderful opportunity of studying abroad in Granada, Spain the summer of 2014. AIFS was great to work with. Before, during, and after, they were always there to answer any question I had. I had looked into several different study abroad providers,
but for the same price as the others, I got 10 hours of college credit (in just six weeks, instead of just 3-5 credits with other programs), room and board was provided, insurance and visas were taken care of, they organized the flights and where there to greet us at the airport, and every couple days they would offer cultural excursions around the city and country, all included in the price. The resident directors in Granada handled the logistics beautifully and were very knowledgeable about the program and the city. They treated us like adults and gave us independence to explore as much as we wanted, and provided us any assistance to support our explorations. I can't imagine a better experience, or a better provider to have studied abroad with. I recommend Granada and AIFS to everyone.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend