- Granada, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- MayMester Intersession, Summer
- Program Description:
Spend the summer in Granada, Spain with AIFS! Earn up to 19.5 credits studying at the University of Granada. Courses are taught in English and Spanish, with no previous Spanish language required for the Intensive Spanish Program.
Students with an Upper Advanced level of Spanish are invited to participate in the University of Granada’s Business Internship Program. The Business Internship Program is only available to students enrolled in session 2 and 4 combined.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as:
- Tours of the Cathedral and Royal Chapel
- Horseback riding in the Sierra Nevada mountains
- Hiking in the countryside
- Half-day trip to Alhambra and the Generalife Gardens
- 2-day trip to Seville and Córdoba
- Day trip to Costa del Sol.
An optional 3-day excursion is also offered to Morocco (Sessions 2, Session 3 and Combined Sessions). Students on the optional AIFS Flight Package can enjoy a 2-night tour of London (Sessions 2, 3, 4, and Session 2+4 combined).
- Setting Description:
- Granada, perched between the dazzling white peaks of the Sierra Nevada and the blue Mediterranean of the Costa del Sol, has a cosmopolitan air, but retains the feel of a small, welcoming Andalusian town. Traces of Moorish, Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque architecture can be found around every corner. Granada gives students the chance to be immersed in the Spanish language, culture, cuisine and tradition in a city renowned for its cultural heritage and fusion.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates and college freshman, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.0 GPA required. Must be 18 years or older to apply. No previous Spanish language study required for the Intensive Spanish Program.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Study Abroad in Granada, Spain05/06/16
I had the wonderful opportunity of studying abroad in Granada, Spain the summer of 2014. AIFS was great to work with. Before, during, and after, they were always there to answer any question I had. I had looked into several different study abroad providers,
but for the same price as the others, I got 10 hours of college credit (in just six weeks, instead of just 3-5 credits with other programs), room and board was provided, insurance and visas were taken care of, they organized the flights and where there to greet us at the airport, and every couple days they would offer cultural excursions around the city and country, all included in the price. The resident directors in Granada handled the logistics beautifully and were very knowledgeable about the program and the city. They treated us like adults and gave us independence to explore as much as we wanted, and provided us any assistance to support our explorations. I can't imagine a better experience, or a better provider to have studied abroad with. I recommend Granada and AIFS to everyone.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend