- Granada, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or year in the charming and captivating city of Granada with AIFS and earn up to 15 credits. Live in a student apartment or select a homestay or student residence. 3 meals per day are included in the homestay, 3 meals per day Monday-Saturday for residence students, and no meals for apartment students. Enjoy activities such as hiking in the nearby Sierra Nevadas, an evening at the Arabic Baths and much more. AIFS includes a 3-day trip to Gibraltar, Seville & Cordoba as well as day trips to Ronda (Spring only), a day trip to La Alpujarra (Fall only), and the beach town of Nerja. Optional excursions include a 3-day trip to Morocco and a 3-day trip to Madrid & Toledo.
You’ll earn up to 15 credits through a variety of courses studying at the University of Granada. Courses are taught in English or Spanish with no previous Spanish language study required. An optional Early Start Program is available to students at all levels of Spanish to gain a headstart adjusting to life in Spain. Volunteer opportunities also available.
AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive fees include tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated round-trip flight packages are available.
- Setting Description:
- Granada, perched between the dazzling white peaks of the Sierra Nevada and the blue Mediterranean of the Costa del Sol, has a cosmopolitan air, but retains the feel of a small, welcoming Andalusian town. Traces of Moorish, Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque architecture can be found around every corner. Granada gives students the chance to be immersed in the Spanish language, culture, cuisine and tradition in a city renowned for its cultural heritage and fusion.
- See website for details.
Additional Program Information
- Open to High School graduates. Minimum 2.5 GPA. No previous Spanish language study required for the Spanish Language and Culture program.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program