- Granada, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in Granada, Spain with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 15 credits per semester through a variety of courses at the University of Granada. Courses are taught in English or in Spanish, depending on the program.
Volunteer opportunities are available to all students in a variety of areas. At the end of the semester, you will receive a certificate for participating.
Live in a Spanish homestay, in an apartment or, for an additional fee, in a student residence. Homestay students receive 3 meals per day, and residence students receive 3 meals per day Monday through Saturday. Apartment students will receive a meal allowance.
Enjoy activities such as:
- Visits to the Albaicín and the Cathedral of Granada
- Flamenco show
- Hiking in the Sierra Nevada mountains
- 3-day trip to Gibraltar, Seville and Córdoba
- Day trips to Nerja, Ronda (spring only) and La Alpujarra (fall only).
Optional excursions include a 3-day trip to Madrid and Toledo and a 3-day trip to Morocco.
- Setting Description:
- Granada, perched between the dazzling white peaks of the Sierra Nevada mountains and the blue Mediterranean of the Costa del Sol, has a cosmopolitan air but retains the feel of a small, welcoming Andalusian town. Traces of Moorish, Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque architecture can be found around every corner. Granada gives students the chance to be immersed in the Spanish language, culture, cuisine, and tradition in a city renowned for its cultural heritage and fusion.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates and college freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA. No previous Spanish language study required for the Spanish Language and Culture program. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.