- Florence, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend the summer in the classic city of Florence, Italy with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 10 credits at Richmond, the American International University in Florence. Courses are taught in English or Italian with no previous Italian language study required.
Live in a student apartment in the center of the city. Apartments come with a fully-equipped kitchen and bathroom, and access to a washing machine. Homestays are available for students on the 7-week program. Meal vouchers are included and are a program highlight – with nearly 100% of AIFS summer students rating the meal program as “excellent.”
In Florence, you’ll enjoy cultural activities such as:
- Museum visits
- Concerts, operas and ballets
- Cheese tasting
- Gelato tasting
- Food and wine pairing
- Day trips to Pisa, Cinque Terre, Siena and the Tuscan coast.
An optional 3-day trip to Rome and an optional 3-day visit to Venice are available. A 2-night tour of London, England is available to students on the AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- In Florence, artistic, cultural and historic richness is ever present. Take in the sites in and around Florence on visits to museums, art galleries, churches and theaters. You can learn how to make pasta from scratch or experience a typical trattoria, where you can find some of the best food in Italy. You can shop in the chic stores of Via de‘Tornabuoni or the flea market in Via Petrapiana. Whatever your tastes, Florence is the perfect city to acquire a genuine experience of Italian life and culture.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Traditional academic programs open to high school graduates, college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA (2.0 and above considered on a case-by-case basis). Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program