- Florence, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend the summer in the classic city of Florence with AIFS and earn up to 10 credits. Live in a homestay or a shared student apartment. Enjoy cultural activities such as guided city walks, visits to the many museums, churches and cultural sites of Florence, Italian cooking classes, opera and ballet performances, Italian cheese tastings, a gelato tour, and day trips to Pisa, Lucca, the Cinque Terre and more. Optional trips include a 3-day or 4-day trip to Rome and a 3-day visit to Venice.
Students choose from a 3, 4, or 7 week program, including an Internship Program and a Maymester Session. The Internship Program consists of a 3-credit Italian Food and Culture Course along with a 7-week, 7-credit internship placement. The traditional academic program offers courses in Italian language, art, culture, marketing, history, sociology and more. Students taking the optional Rome and Venice excursions can register for a one-credit Introduction to Italian Art Course.
- Setting Description:
- In Florence, artistic, cultural and historic richness is ever present. Take in the sites in and around Florence on visits to museums, art galleries, churches and theaters. You can learn how to make pasta from scratch or experience a typical trattoria, where you can find some of the best food in Italy. You can shop in the chic stores of Via de‘Tornabuoni or the flea market in Via Petrapiana. Whatever your tastes, Florence is the perfect city to acquire a genuine experience of Italian life and culture.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Traditional academic programs open to high school graduates, college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA; 2.0 and above considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program