- Florence, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in Florence with AIFS. Earn up to 16 credits studying at Richmond University in Florence. No previous Italian language study is required.
Select the Traditional Academic Program to begin or advance your Italian language and select courses from a variety of subjects. During Spring semester, a Fashion Management and Marketing Program is also available.
The program includes a one-week orientation. Fall semester orientation is on the coast of Tuscany, while orientation for spring semester is in Rome.
Live in an Italian homestay or a shared student apartment. Both housing options include a meal plan.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities including:
- Guided city walks
- Visits to museums
- Italian cooking classes
- Opera and ballet performances
- Day trips to Pisa, Lucca and the Vespa Factory.
Fall students take a 3-day trip to Rome. Spring students take a 5-day trip to Rome. All students enjoy 2-days in Venice and a day trip to Siena.
- Setting Description:
- In Florence, artistic, cultural and historic richness is ever present. With the Ponte Vecchio and the Duomo creating a wonderful backdrop, it is no surprise that so many famous artists attempt to recreate this beautiful city. Learn how to make pasta from scratch or experience a typical trattoria, where you can find some of the best food in Italy. Whatever your tastes, Florence is the perfect city to acquire a genuine experience of Italian life and culture.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors, and seniors. No previous Italian language study required. 2.5 GPA for Traditional Academic and Fashion Management and Marketing Programs. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Review of AIFS, Florence semester program12/07/16
Studying abroad through AIFS was absolutely fantastic! I could not have chosen a better program. Housing was amazing, so close to the city. I was in a cute, authentic neighborhood away from the touristy areas. I had a full bed! There was an incredible,
cheap meal program that allowed us to try 25+ restaurants all over Florence. It was magical! I lived all by Italians. Every day I went to coffee shops and cafés full of Italian people. I got to know the workers and practiced my Italian. Dinners with Italians also allowed me to meet locals. I also never ever felt unsafe in Florence. There are almost always people around, and the city is brightly lit at night. All the logistics went very smoothly, there was so much on sight support. You could tell the local staff loved their job and wanted us to have the best experience possible. They plan a trip to Venice for you! There are so many activities you can do. I loved how much I got to practice my Italian. My Italian class was actually my favorite class I took. The teachers was absolutely wonderful, and she hosted a dinner party at her house at the end of the year.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend