- Florence, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in the classic city of Florence with AIFS. Earn up to 13 credits each semester studying at Richmond University in Florence. No previous Italian language study is required. You’ll live in an Italian homestay or a shared student apartment. Both housing options include a meal plan.
Select the Internship Program to begin or advance your Italian language, gain international work experience and study relevant coursework to your internship placement.
AIFS in Florence includes a one-week orientation in Tuscany (fall) or Rome (spring) before the semester begins to help you acclimate to life in Italy.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities including:
- Guided city walks
- Visits to museums
- Italian cooking classes
- Opera and ballet performances
- Day trips to Pisa, Lucca and the Vespa Factory.
Fall students take a 3-day trip to Rome. Spring students take a 5-day trip to Rome. All students enjoy 2-days in Venice and a day trip to Siena.
- Setting Description:
- Studying abroad in Florence, Italy puts the history, art, and architecture of the Renaissance right at your doorstep. Though its history and landmarks are familiar to us from books and movies, there is no substitute for the first time you stand in front of these Italian landmarks - where countless others have gone before you for over two millennia.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors, and seniors Internship Program open to students with a minimum 2.75 GPA, and with at least 75 credits Minimum 3.0 GPA required for students with 45-74 semester credits and for placements in finance and political science. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program