- Florence, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Spring Semester
- Program Description:
If you have a special interest in fashion and marketing, spend your spring semester studying Fashion Management and Marketing in Florence, Italy with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 16 credits through a variety of fashion and marketing courses at Richmond University in Florence. Courses are taught in English and Italian with no previous Italian language study required.
Volunteer work is available for students who wish to get involved in Florence’s local community. Placements are offered in a variety of environments including schools, hospitals, museums, day cares, foster homes and fund-raising associations.
While abroad in Florence, you’ll live in a homestay with an Italian family or in a fully furnished Italian apartment with 9 other AIFS students. Included in your program fee is a meal plan, which has been deemed a highlight of the Florence program with almost 100% of students rating it as “excellent” or “good.” The plan includes 10 vouchers per week that can be used in local restaurants, coffee shops, delis and supermarkets.
Cultural and social activities can include guided city walks, a backstage visit to the famous Pitti Immagine Uomo fashion show, and day trips to Siena, Milan, Cinque Terre, the Vespa Factory, a fashion firm, and more. A 2-day field trip to Venice and a 5-day field trip to Rome are also included in your program fee.
A 2-night tour of London, England is included for students on the AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- Heart of the Roman Empire, the birthplace of the Renaissance, and home of the Vatican and Roman Catholic Church, Italy has made innumerable contributions to Western Civilization. Studying abroad in Florence not only gives you a chance to explore all that Italy has to offer - it puts the history, art, and architecture of the Renaissance right at your doorstep.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA is required. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Based on 1 Reviews
- AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!05/01/19
My time in Florence, Italy was an incredible experience I will never forget thanks to the American Institute For Foreign Study. They made applying and and getting ready for departure easy and seamless by walking me through the visa and passport applications,
and by providing the option to have my flight to and from Italy booked by the company. That was such a relief for me because I had never booked a flight overseas before, another perk of having my flight booked by AIFS was a 2 day layover in London on they way to Italy. After arriving in Florence, AIFS did such a great job helping students make the most of their time, they always had free or cheap events for us to attend like gelato tours, cooking classes, soccer games and even tickets to the opera. There were also many excursions included in the price of tuition, one was a week long trip to Rome and the others were weekend or day trips to places like Venice and Viareggio. A cool opportunity I got to partake in thanks to AIFS was working as a tour guide at the Church of Santa Croce, this church was across the street from my apartment and is where Michelangelo is buried! All students at AIFS are offered the opportunity to partake in volunteer work, a friend of mine got to help teach children at a local school. All in all I loved my time abroad and if I were to do it over again I would still choose to go with AIFS!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend