- Dublin, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Spend 3 weeks in beautiful Dublin, Ireland this January term. Earn 3 semester credits studying Irish literature at the historic Trinity College Dublin. Explore the best of Irish literary tradition and culture from 1900 to the present day with a robust academic experience including visits to see the Old Library and the Book of Kells, a guest lecture with an Irish author or poet, a session on manuscripts and archives in the historic Trinity College Library and a session on staging Irish drama. Beyond the classroom, enjoy a guided walking tour of Dublin, a traditional Irish music night and excursions to explore other locations in Ireland including a day trip to Wicklow and Glendalough, a Game of Thrones day trip and an optional 2-night excursion to Galway. Students share fully furnished accommodations with internet and meal allowances included.
Enjoy 3 weeks in Dublin, Ireland. Earn 3 credits studying Modern Irish Writing taught by the expert faculty of the prestigious School of English at Trinity College Dublin. Cultural and social activities include museum visits, theater and sporting events, walking tours and traditional Irish music and dance performances. A visit to the Guinness Storehouse and a musical pub walk are highlights. On the visit to the Wicklow Mountains and Glendalough, students are introduced to the Garden of Ireland full of round towers, Celtic crosses, waterfalls and beautiful Irish countryside. The Game of Thrones day trip is sure to please, and an optional 2-day trip to Galway is a great opportunity to visit a charming medieval city with a chance to hear locals speaking Irish Gaelic.
- Setting Description:
- Dublin is a great city for students to study abroad in Ireland. Dublin sits at the mouth of the River Liffey in the east of Ireland. The city is popular for distinctive Georgian architecture, a friendly population, vibrant social scene, historic sites and beautiful churches and cathedrals. The capital of Ireland is a great place to explore Irish culture and heritage. Dublin was a pivotal location in the formation of the Irish Republic and a perfect place to explore this troubled history. The city is home to national galleries and museums, a lively traditional Irish music scene, fantastic restaurants and legendary pubs. Trinity College Dublin is Irelands oldest and most respected university. The campus includes 47 acres campus loaded with historic buildings, cobblestone walkways and cutting edge education and research facilities.
- AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 3.0 GPA (lower GPAs considered on a case-by-case basis).
- Scholarships Description:
- $800,000 in funding is available each year. For full details, please visit: https://www.aifsabroad.com/scholarships.asp
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program