- Cannes, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- MayMester Intersession, Summer
- Program Description:
Spend your summer or Maymester in Cannes, France with AIFS! Earn up to 13 credits at the Campus International de Cannes. Courses are taught in English and French, with no previous French language study required.
Live on campus in a student residence hall overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. You will share a double or triple room, with single rooms available for an additional fee. Residence hall students receive 12 meals per week (breakfast and lunch during the week and brunch on weekends).
A homestay is also an option for housing. Homestay students receive breakfast every day, and lunch Monday through Friday on campus.
Enjoy cultural and social activities including:
- Boat trips to St. Marguerite island and St. Tropez
- Museum visits
- Trips to Monaco, Nice, Gorges du Verdon and St. Remo (Italy).
An optional, 3-day cultural excursion is available for session 2 and 3 students to Paris. A 2-night tour of London is included for students on the AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- A former fishing village, Cannes boasts some of the most beautiful scenery in France. Renowned for its artistic community and international festivals, Cannes combines the excitement of a cosmopolitan city with the relaxed attitude of the Mediterranean. Besides the famous film festival, Cannes hosts a vast array of cultural events. After class, immerse yourself in the culture and practice French at a café, or shop along the palm-lined boulevards.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates and college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.0 GPA required. Must be 18 years or older to apply. No previous French language study required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.