- Cannes, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in the sunny, cosmopolitan city of Cannes, France with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 18 credits per semester through a variety of courses studying at the Campus International de Cannes. Courses are taught in English or French with no previous French language study required.
There are many volunteer and non-credit internship opportunities in Cannes. Recent AIFS students have assisted local T.V. production companies, tutored elementary school children, helped out in a local hospice and more. For spring semester students, a Cannes Film Festival Internship is also available. Participating students receive a ‘Cannes cinephile’ pass which grants admission to films in various theaters during the Film Festival.
In Cannes, you’ll live in an on-campus residence hall overlooking the Mediterranean Sea or will immerse yourself in local culture in a French homestay. An apartment option is available during the fall semester. Lunch Monday through Friday and brunch on the weekends in the campus cafeteria is included. Homestay students have breakfast included in their homestay, and residence hall students will have breakfast in the cafeteria on weekdays.
Cultural and social activities include a Cannes city tour, wine and cheese tasting, and opera, ballet and musical performances. Afternoon and day trips to Antibes and the Picasso Museum, Grasse, Ile Sainte Marguerite, Monaco, and St. Tropez are all included in your program fee, as well as a 2-day trip to Provence and a 4-day trip to Paris.
An optional 3-day excursion to Florence, Italy is available. A 2-night London, England stopover is included before the start of the program for students on the AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- Study abroad in Cannes with AIFS and you'll have the Mediterranean right at your doorstep. Renowned for its artistic community and international festivals, Cannes combines the excitement of a small city with the relaxed attitude of a seaside resort.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program