- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend the summer in the cosmopolitan city of Buenos Aires, Argentina with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 18 credits at the University of Belgrano. Courses are taught in English or in Spanish depending on the program. The Argentine and Latin Studies Program and Spanish with Service Learning Program require an intermediate to high level of Spanish.
Students with a High Intermediate level of Spanish can participate in the Spanish with Service Learning Program. This 8-week program combines Intensive Spanish Language courses with 60 hours of volunteer work in the local community. Through this program, you will better your communication skills and foster global relationships by interacting with the people of Argentina.
A homestay is included in your program fee, and you will live in the best areas of Buenos Aires such as Belgrano, Recoleta, and Palermo. Students receive breakfast and dinner Monday through Friday from their host families.
In Buenos Aires, you’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as gallery and museum visits, guided tours of La Boca and Recoleta Cemetary, and a milonga evening to try the tango. Cultural excursions are also included in your program fee, with day trips to Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay and to Fiesta Gaucha.
A 3-day, optional excursion to the spectacular Iguazú Falls is also available.
- Setting Description:
- Buenos Aires has a thriving cultural scene where drama, music, painting, and sculpture have flourished. The city's young, cosmopolitan image and diverse, colorful neighborhoods make Buenos Aires a fascinating, exciting and welcoming place to spend your summer abroad.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates, college freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 2.75 GPA required. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program