- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend the summer in the cosmopolitan city of Buenos Aires with AIFS and earn up to 18 credits. Live in a homestay, breakfast and dinner Monday through Friday are included. Enjoy cultural activities such as guided tours of La Boca and Recoleta Cemetery, cooking classes, tango nights and mate get-togethers. A day trip to Colonia del Sacramento, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Uruguay, along with a 2-day trip to a traditional Argentinean gaucho ranch are included.
Begin or improve your Spanish with intensive Spanish language study. Students choose from a 4, 5, 8, 9 or 13 week program. Taught by the School of Language and Foreign Studies, a team of qualified native Spanish-speaking faculty, with expertise in applied linguistics, teaches the intensive Spanish language course using the communicative approach. The course focuses on oral comprehension and expression, listening comprehension and grammar.
- Setting Description:
- Buenos Aires has a thriving cultural scene where drama, music, painting and sculpture have flourished. The city's young, cosmopolitan image and diverse, colorful neighborhoods make Buenos Aires a fascinating, exciting and welcoming place to spend your summer abroad.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates, college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.75 GPA required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program