- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend the summer in the cosmopolitan city of Buenos Aires, Argentina with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 8 credits at the University of Belgrano through the Spanish Language and Teaching Assistant Placement Program. Courses are taught in English and Spanish, with an Intermediate level of Spanish required.
The Spanish Language and Teaching Assistant Placement Program is a 60-hour course that combines academics with work as a teaching assistant in a bilingual primary school. The internship will be academically directed and supervised by University of Belgrano faculty, who you will meet with once a week to discuss assignments and a research project.
A homestay is included in your program fee, and you will live in the best areas of Buenos Aires such as Belgrano, Recoleta, and Palermo. Students receive breakfast and dinner Monday through Friday from their host families.
Cultural and social activities include tours, a tango evening at a milonga, tours of downtown Buenos Aires, and trips to museums and galleries. Cultural excursions are also included in your program fee, with day trips to Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay and to Fiesta Gaucha.
A 3-day, optional excursion to the spectacular Iguazú Falls is also available.
- Setting Description:
- Charismatic Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina, combines European style and sophistication with South American energy, flair, and passion. Not only is Buenos Aires the political capital, it is also the commercial and industrial center of the country. The city’s large population juxtaposes the heritage of Italian and Spanish cultural traditions in an Argentine setting.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors. A minimum 2.75 GPA and a minimum level of Intermediate Spanish language are required. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program