- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend the summer in the cosmopolitan city of Buenos Aires, Argentina with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 8 credits through the Spanish Language with Teaching Assistant Placement Program at the University of Belgrano. This program requires a minimum level of Intermediate Spanish.
Live in a homestay while assisting a teacher in a local bilingual primary school for a unique insight into Argentine culture and the process of second language acquisition. You’ll also complete a course focusing on teaching Spanish as a second language. Homestays include daily breakfast and dinner Monday through Friday.
In Buenos Aires, you’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as:
- Gallery and museum visits
- Guided tours of La Boca and Recoleta Cemetery
- Visit to Barrio San Telmo
- A milonga evening to try the tango
- Traditional Argentine asado (barbeque)
- Day trips to Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay and to Fiesta Gaucha.
A 3-day, optional excursion to the spectacular Iguazú Falls is also available.
- Setting Description:
- Charismatic Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina, combines European style and sophistication with South American energy, flair, and passion. Not only is Buenos Aires the political capital, it is also the commercial and industrial center of the country. The city’s large population juxtaposes the heritage of Italian and Spanish cultural traditions in an Argentine setting.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors. A minimum 2.75 GPA and a minimum level of Intermediate Spanish language are required. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program