- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in the charismatic city of Buenos Aires with AIFS & earn up to 16 credits. You’ll live in a homestay or shared apartment located within the best areas of the city and enjoy activities such as guided tours of La Boca and Recoleta Cemetery, tango nights and mate get-togethers. The apartment option is available to students for the same fee as a homestay, but meals are not included. A day trip to Colonia del Sacramento, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Uruguay, is included. Optional excursions include a 3-day trip to Iguazu Falls and a day trip to a traditional Argentinean gaucho ranch.
You’ll earn up to 16 credits through a variety of courses studying at the University of Belgrano. Courses are taught in English and Spanish. No previous Spanish language study is required, except for Immersion Program. Students have the option of an Early Start Intensive Spanish Language course to improve their Spanish and prepare for the semester. Volunteer opportunities are also available.
- Setting Description:
- Buenos Aires has a thriving cultural scene where drama, music, painting and sculpture have flourished. The city's young, cosmopolitan image and diverse, colorful neighborhoods make Buenos Aires a fascinating, exciting and welcoming place to spend your semester or year abroad.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.75 GPA required (GPAs of 2.5 and above will be considered on a case by case basis).
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program