- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in the charismatic, sophisticated city of Buenos Aires, Argentina with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 16 credits through either a Latin America Studies Program, an Immersion Program, or a Certificate in Latin America Studies Program at the University of Belgrano. Courses are taught in English and Spanish.
Volunteering in Buenos Aires will add a new perspective to your study abroad experience as you give back to the local community. Opportunities for volunteering while studying at the University of Belgrano include helping disadvantaged children in an orphanage or participating in an ecology or social project.
You’ll live in an Argentine homestay, or in a shared apartment with other University of Belgrano students, in some of the city’s best neighborhoods such as Palermo, Belgrano and Recoleta. Homestay students will receive breakfast and dinner Monday through Friday from their host families. Students in apartments will have a fully equipped kitchen for cooking.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as guided tours of Buenos Aires and the La Boca neighborhood, a tango night at a milonga, and visits to a soccer stadium. A day trip to Colonia del Sacramento, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Uruguay, is included.
Optional excursions include a 3-day trip to the famous Iguazu Falls and a day trip to a traditional Argentinean gaucho ranch.
- Setting Description:
- Buenos Aires has a thriving cultural scene where drama, music, painting and sculpture have flourished. The city's young, cosmopolitan image and diverse, colorful neighborhoods make Buenos Aires a fascinating, exciting and welcoming place to spend your semester or year abroad.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.75 GPA required (GPAs of 2.5 and above will be considered on a case by case basis). Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program