- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend your summer abroad in beautiful Buenos Aires, Argentina. You'll earn up to 6 credits when you take part in the Medical Spanish Immersion Program at the University of Belgrano, with a clinical rotation at Hospital Británico. Courses are taught in English and Spanish and an Intermediate level of Spanish is required.
The clinical rotation at Hospital Británico gives you global, résumé enhancing experience towards your career in medicine. Students will be assigned to specific medical areas at Hospital Británico such as Pediatrics, the Intensive Care Unit, Internal Medicine, the Emergency Room, and Orthopedics and Traumatology.
Live in an Argentine homestay in the best areas of Buenos Aires such as Belgrano, Recoleta and Palermo with daily breakfast and dinner provided Monday through Friday.
Enjoy cultural activities such as walking tours, gallery and museum visits, a traditional Argentine asado (barbeque), and a visit to Barrio San Telmo. Cultural excursions to Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay and Fiesta Gaucha are also included in your program fee.
A 3-day, optional excursion to the spectacular Iguazú Falls is available as well.
- Setting Description:
- Buenos Aires has a thriving cultural scene where drama, music, painting, and sculpture have flourished. The city's young, cosmopolitan image and diverse, colorful neighborhoods make Buenos Aires a fascinating, exciting and welcoming place to spend your summer abroad.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Must be 18 years or older to apply. Minimum 2.75 GPA and a minimum level of Intermediate Spanish required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program