Spend winter break in the Italian Alps! Study abroad with AIFS.
- Bressanone, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
- Study Italian Food and Culture in beautiful Brixen, Italy, located in the Dolomites mountains of the Italian Alps. This course is a fantastic choice for history, anthropology and gastronomy enthusiasts to learn about regional variations and Italian food culture. Skiing and snowboarding in the Alps is an exciting addition to this study abroad itinerary as geography plays a part in the evolution of food culture as well. Cultural and social activities include walking tours, museum visits and a trip to Vipiteno. Highlights include visits to a winery and wine cellar, a milk factory and a local brewery. An optional excursion to Venice is also available. AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Convenient AIFS Flight Packages are also available. Since 1964, more than 1.5 million students have traveled abroad with AIFS.
- Setting Description:
- This is an exciting study abroad opportunity in northern Italy. Brixen is the oldest town in the province surrounded by orchards, vineyards and spectacular mountain peaks. The Dolomites mountain range in the northern Italian Alps is absolutely gorgeous. The town is a perfect place to learn about Italian food and culture with a tradition of culinary excellence, great skiing and hiking and a distinctly northern Italian flair. At Christmas, Brixen's piazzas are filled with festive stalls and shops. It's a great time to sample local specialities like vin brulé, brezel and krapfen. The rich history and culture of Brixen is enhanced by the astounding landscapes surrounding the town.
- AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates and college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA (lower GPAs considered on a case-by-case basis. Course taught in English.
- Scholarships Description:
- $800,000 in funding is available each year. For full details, please visit: https://www.aifsabroad.com/scholarships.asp
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program