- Berlin, Germany
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend the summer in the modern and historic city of Berlin with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 12 credits through a variety of courses studying at Humboldt–Universität. Courses are taught in English or German with no previous German language study required.
Live in a university apartment in a single or double room, with a shared kitchen and bathroom. Not far from the subway, commuting to campus will be easy from your apartment. A meal card to subsidize the cost of lunches on campus is included in your program fee.
In Berlin, enjoy cultural and social activities such as museum tours, cultural and historical site visits, and a boat trip. Session 1 students will enjoy an excursion to the Baltic Sea, and session 2 students will take a trip to Dresden. For both sessions, a day trip to Potsdam is included in your program fee. A 2-night tour of London is included for students on the AIFS Flight Package.
Optional excursions include a 3-day trip to Warsaw, Poland (session 1), and a 3-day trip to Prague, Czech Republic (session 2).
- Setting Description:
- Berlin is arguably Europe’s hippest city. World War II all but destroyed it, the Berlin Wall literally divided it, and it is hard not to be impressed by the regeneration that is taking place architecturally, economically and socially since 1989. Berlin has a huge diversity of cultural offerings including world class museums, world renowned orchestras, opera houses and theaters, as well as a thriving contemporary art and music scene. Whatever your taste Berlin will inspire you.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 2.75 GPA required. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program