- Berlin, Germany
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Spend 3 weeks this January studying in the unparalleled city of Berlin, Germany with AIFS! Earn 3 credits studying a course in either cultural studies, German language, history, law, politics, religion, or social science at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
You'll live in a University apartment with a pre-loaded meal card to subsidize the cost of purchasing meals in University cafeterias. Numerous social and cultural activities include visits to the Federal Chancellery, the Memorial for the Berlin Wall, the German Bundestag.
A day trip to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Potsdam is also included, and will be a definite highlight with amazing architecture, palaces, and over 2,000 buildings in various historic areas of the city. An optional 3-day trip to Warsaw, Poland is also offered.
- Setting Description:
- Berlin, Germany is a modern, trendsetting capital with a complicated history. Berlin has evolved into an iconic cultural hotspot with a rich yet turbulent past. Landmarks such as the Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie, the Reichstag and the crumbling remains of the Berlin Wall reflect many phases of the city’s past. A unique combination of grit and glamour captures the hearts the imaginations of students and visitors in Berlin. Germany's capital boasts an industrial chic along with a rich cultural heritage on display in monuments and museums around the city. Over the last 20 years, Berlin has gained influence in the worlds of fashion, design and music resulting in contemporary comparisons to New York City in the 1980s.
- AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our students receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.75 GPA (lower GPAs considered on a case-by-case basis). No previous German language study required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our students receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. For full details, please visit: https://www.aifsabroad.com/scholarships.asp