- Berlin, Germany
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Spend 3 weeks in Berlin, Germany this January term. Earn 3 credits studying at Humboldt University. Choose from a variety of courses spanning music, culture, law, education, social science, German language, history, political science and religion. Live in a conveniently located university apartment near to a subway station and just a short commute from campus. Explore Berlin with a public transportation pass (subway, bus and city tram) included in the program fee. Your coursework will be enriched with visits to sites of interest around the city. No previous German language study required. In addition to visits to historical sites, museums and sightseeing around Berlin, students enjoy a day trip to picturesque Potsdam, a trip to see an ice hockey game and much more.
Spend 3 weeks this January in the unparalleled city of Berlin, Germany. Earn 3 credits studying at Humboldt University. You may choose the course: German language - Berlin in the Winter, available at Elementary (no previous German language study required) or Intermediate levels, or you may select a course instructed in English from the following classes: The Culture and Music Industry; The Berlin Wall and Cold War Era; Introduction to International Economic Law; Germany and the New World Order; Interreligious and Intercultural Dialogue in Germany; and European City and Regional Development Planning - The Case of Berlin. Numerous social and cultural activities include visits to the Federal Chancellery, the Museum of Contemporary Art and the German Bundestag. An optional 3 day excursion to Prague is available, and a trip to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Potsdam is a definite highlight to see amazing architecture, palaces and over 2,000 buildings in various historic areas of the city.
- Setting Description:
- Berlin, Germany is a modern, trendsetting capital with a complicated history. Berlin has evolved into an iconic cultural hotspot with a rich yet turbulent past. Landmarks such as the Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie, the Reichstag and the crumbling remains of the Berlin Wall reflect many phases of the city’s past. A unique combination of grit and glamour captures the hearts the imaginations of students and visitors in Berlin. Germany's capital boasts an industrial chic along with a rich cultural heritage on display in monuments and museums around the city. Over the last 20 years, Berlin has gained influence in the worlds of fashion, design and music resulting in contemporary comparisons to New York City in the 1980s.
- AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.75 GPA (lower GPAs considered on a case-by-case basis). No previous German language study required.
- Scholarships Description:
- $800,000 in funding is available each year. For full details, please visit: https://www.aifsabroad.com/scholarships.asp
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program