- Barcelona, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend a summer in the modern and cosmopolitan city of Barcelona, Spain with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 6 credits studying at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF). Courses are taught in English or Spanish with no previous Spanish language study required.
Students select two courses from subjects including Spanish language, art, biology, business, computing, film, gender studies, politics, psychology and Spanish culture.
Live in a Spanish homestay, in an apartment or, for an additional fee, in a student residence. Homestay students receive daily breakfast and dinner from the family. Apartment and student residence students will receive a meal allowance to subsidize the cost of groceries and meals.
Cultural and social activities include:
- Guided tours of Barcelona
- Cooking classes
- Flamenco performances and tapas evenings with Spanish students
- 3-day excursion to the Pyrenees
- Day trip to Girona
- Day trip to Montserrat and Sitges.
- Setting Description:
- Barcelona is Spain’s second largest city and its most cosmopolitan. From the surreal Modernist buildings to the dynamic business center and the bustling seafront, it is easy to understand Barcelona’s immense popularity. Its Mediterranean climate, excellent location for international travel and feel for the avant-garde make Barcelona the perfect place to study abroad.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Must be 18 years or older to apply. Minimum 3.0 GPA required. No previous Spanish language study required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please visit website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program