- Barcelona, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in Barcelona, Spain with AIFS! Earn up to 15 credits per semester studying at the Universitat de Vic – Central University of Catalonia (UVic-UCC). Courses are offered in English and in Spanish.
There are many ways to make an impact within Barcelona’s local community. Once you’re abroad, volunteer opportunities will be available through local NGOs to provide services to people in need within the local community.
Live in a Spanish homestay, in an apartment or, for an additional fee, in a student residence. Homestay students receive daily breakfast and dinner from the family. Apartment and student residence students will receive a meal allowance to subsidize the cost of groceries and meals.
Cultural and social activities include guided tours of Barcelona and its famous landmarks and attractions, cooking classes, Flamenco performances and tapas evenings with Spanish students. A 3-day excursion to the Pyrenes is included in the program fee, as well as day trips to Gerona and Besalú, Figueras and the Salvador Dalí Museum and Montserrat and Sitges.
Optional excursions include a 3-day trip to Tangier and Tetouan, Morocco, and a 3-day trip to Andalucía, Seville and Granada. A 2-night tour of London, England, is included for students on the AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- Enjoy cultural and social activities such as city tours, visits to museums, churches and cultural sites, Spanish cooking classes, a tapas evening with Spanish students, traditional Spanish music and dance performances and more.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.7 GPA required. No previous language study required. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program