- Barcelona, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in Barcelona with AIFS! Earn up to 15 credits per semester studying at the Universitat de Vic – Central University of Catalonia (UVic-UCC). Courses are offered in English and in Spanish.
Volunteer opportunities are available through local NGOs to provide services to people in need within the local community.
Live in a Spanish homestay or, for an additional fee, in a student residence or apartment. Homestay students receive daily breakfast and dinner from the family. Apartment and student residence students will receive a meal allowance.
Cultural and social activities include:
- Guided tours
- Cooking classes
- Flamenco performances
- Tapas evenings with Spanish students
- 3-day excursion to the Pyrenees
- Day trips to Gerona and Besalú, Figueras and the Salvador Dalí Museum and Montserrat and Sitges.
Optional excursions include a 3-day trip to Seville and Granada and a 3-day trip to Morocco.
- Setting Description:
- Barcelona is Spain's second largest city and its most cosmopolitan. From the surreal Modernist buildings to the dynamic business center and the bustling seafront looking out onto the Mediterranean, it is easy to understand Barcelona's immense popularity.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.7 GPA required. No previous Spanish language study required. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program