- Barcelona, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or year in the cosmopolitan city of Barcelona and earn up to 15 credits with AIFS. Live in a student apartment, or select a homestay or the student residence for an additional fee. You’ll enjoy activities like guided city walks, Spanish cooking classes & traditional Spanish music and dance. Trips include Gerona and Besalu, Figueras and the Dali Museum, Montserrat and Sitges, and 3 days in the Pyrenees. Optional trips include 3 days in Morocco, a 3-day trip to Seville & Granada, abd a 3-day trip to Interlaken, Switzerland.
You’ll earn up to 15 credits through a variety of courses studying at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF). Courses are taught in English or Spanish, and no previous Spanish language study is required. Choose a program in Hispanic and European Studies, International Business, STEM Courses, or Global Health (Spring only). The UPF Education Abroad Programs are fully integrated in the university, and the staff, faculty and students welcome you and help you to integrate into the UPF community.
The Global Health Internship program is available in the Spring to students with at least 4 semesters of college-level Spanish for a supplement of $3,995. This opportunity allows students to extend their semester by 10 weeks, during which time they will shadow an intern at a local hospital, clinic or research lab.
AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
- Setting Description:
- Barcelona is Spain’s second largest city and its most cosmopolitan. From the surreal Modernist buildings to the dynamic business center and the bustling seafront, it is easy to understand Barcelona’s immense popularity. Its Mediterranean climate, excellent location for international travel and feel for the avant-garde make Barcelona the perfect place to study abroad.
- See website for details.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college juniors and seniors with a minimum 3.0 GPA (2.7 GPA for the STEM program). Students with a lower GPA will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program