- Barcelona, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- MayMester Intersession, Summer
- Program Description:
Spend your summer or Maymester in Barcelona with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 6 credits through a Maymester, Intensive Spanish Language or Spanish Language and Culture Program at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. Courses are taught in English or Spanish. No previous Spanish language study required.
Live in a Spanish homestay, where you’ll be immersed in Spanish culture and receive breakfast and dinner daily from your host family. For an additional fee, you can live in an apartment or student residence instead. A meal allowance is included if you choose to live in an apartment or student residence.
In Barcelona, you’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as:
- A Gothic and Jewish Quarter tour
- Welcome dinners of tapas and paella
- Day trip to Girona and Besalú
- Day trip to Figueras and the Dalí Museum
- A half-day Camp Nou Tour.
An optional 3-day excursion to Madrid is available. A 2-night tour of London is included for students on the AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- Barcelona is Spain’s second largest city and its most cosmopolitan. From the surreal Modernist buildings to the dynamic business center and the bustling seafront, it is easy to understand Barcelona’s immense popularity. Its Mediterranean climate, excellent location for international travel and feel for the avant-garde make Barcelona the perfect place to study abroad.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.0 GPA required for Intensive Spanish and 4-week Spanish Language and Culture students; Minimum 2.75 GPA required for Maymester and 6-week Spanish Language and Culture students. Must be 18 years or older to apply. No previous Spanish language study required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program