- Barcelona, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend the summer in the modern and cosmopolitan city of Barcelona with AIFS and earn up to 9 credits. Live in a student apartment, or select a homestay or the student residence for a fee. Enjoy cultural activities such as guided city walks, visits to museums, churches and cultural sites and traditional Spanish music and dance performances. Day trips to Gerona and Besalu, Figueras and the Dali Museum, Montserrat and Sitges, and Camp Nou are included. An optional 3-day trip to Madrid is also available.
AIFS Barcelona students can choose an Intensive Spanish Language Program (3 weeks), a Spanish Language and Culture Program (4 or 6 weeks) or a Soccer and Sports Science Program (3 weeks). Business and humanities courses are offered in English to complement Spanish language study, and for students studying sports and exercise science, an optional Soccer Training and Theory course is offered.
- Setting Description:
- Barcelona is Spain’s second largest city and its most cosmopolitan. From the surreal Modernist buildings to the dynamic business center and the bustling seafront, it is easy to understand Barcelona’s immense popularity. Its Mediterranean climate, excellent location for international travel and feel for the avant-garde make Barcelona the perfect place to study abroad.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.0 GPA required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program