- Barcelona, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Earn 3 credits studying in beautiful Barcelona this January term. Learn about Spanish art and culture from prehistoric to the present time or analyze the challenges facing businesses as they compete in a global environment. Courses are taught in English at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. Live in a Spanish homestay or select a shared apartment for an additional $200. Internet access is included with both housing options. Enjoy a full calendar of social and cultural activities to enrich classroom learning and provide a dynamic study abroad experience in Spain.
Spend a couple weeks exploring the inspiring city of Barcelona, Spain this January. Earn 3 credits studying Spanish Art and Cultural Heritage or International Business, both taught in English at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. Beyond the classroom, explore Barcelona on numerous activities and excursions including a welcome party, guided tour of the city, a tapas tour, visits to La Sagrada Família, Parque Güell, the Gothic quarter and more. The program includes a day trip to Montserrat to visit an historic pilgrimage site and the former fishing village Sitges, now a beach resort with great restaurants and museums. Other highlights include seeing the work of architect Antoni Gaudí and a Flamenco show at the farewell dinner.
- Setting Description:
- Barcelona is the second largest city in Spain. AIFS students study at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona's Sant Pau campus located in a historic building in a central area of Barcelona known as "L'Eixample." The city’s origins can be traced back to the first century BC and the Roman colony of Barcino. 2,000 years of history have left a distinctive mark on the city’s architectural, artistic and cultural heritage. Barcelona has been a leading center for innovation in art, architecture and style since the 19th century, clearly visible in the surreal and colorful buildings of architect Antoni Gaudí. This remarkable spirit of creativity together with a Mediterranean climate and cosmopolitan character makes Barcelona a fascinating location to study abroad.
- AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates and college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.0 GPA (lower GPAs considered on a case-by-case basis). All courses taught in English.
- Scholarships Description:
- $800,000 in funding available each year. For full details, please visit: https://www.aifsabroad.com/scholarships.asp
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program