- Athens, Greece
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in the vibrant and sophisticated city of Athens, Greece with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 15 credits per semester studying at the American College of Greece (ACG). Courses are taught in English.
In addition to a rich academic program, AIFS in Athens offers a non-credit, on-campus internship program at ACG in areas such as marketing, communications, fundraising or student affairs. ACG also offers a Community Engagement and Service Learning program where students can volunteer in the local community. A Meaningful Engagement Trip is also available for students to spend 2-3 days traveling and volunteering in Greece.
You will live in a beautiful, apartment-style residence complex just a 10-15-minute walk from campus in the leafy suburb of Aghia Paraskevi. Students share double rooms in a two to four-bedroom apartment with a fully-equipped kitchen. You will also receive a meal allowance to subsidize the cost of meals and groceries.
Cultural and social activities include walking tours, visits to historical and archaeological sites, and Cretan food tastings. Day trips to Ancient Delphi and the Sanctuary of Apollo, Nafplio and Palamidi Castle and a visit to a Greek island such as Hydra, Spetses or Aegina are all included in your program fee.
An optional half-day excursion to Cape Sounion and an optional 3-day excursion to Meteora, Thessaloniki and Vergina are also available. A 2-night tour of London, England is included for students on the optional AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- As the birthplace of democracy, Athens has had an extraordinary role in the history of the world. Celebrated as the ancient seat of classical thought, Greece’s cosmopolitan capital has always been a visually stunning city but visitors are often surprised to learn that it is also sophisticated and modern, with an efficient transport system, a young population, vibrant street life and a relaxed lifestyle. The Athenians, and Greeks in general, are known for their graciousness and hospitality; they will welcome you with a smile!
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required. Due to visa regulations, we recommend you apply early. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program