- Athens, Greece
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in Athens, Greece with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 15 credits per semester studying at the American College of Greece (ACG). Courses are taught in English.
AIFS in Athens offers an internship program at ACG in areas such as marketing, fundraising or student affairs. ACG also offers a Community Engagement and Service Learning program where students can volunteer in the local community. A Meaningful Engagement Trip is also available for students to spend 2-3 days traveling and volunteering in Greece.
Cultural and social activities include:
- Walking tours
- Visits to historical and archaeological sites
- Cretan food tastings
- Day trips to Ancient Delphi and the Sanctuary of Apollo, Nafplio and Palamidi Castle and a visit to a Greek island.
An optional half-day excursion to Cape Sounion and an optional 3-day excursion to Meteora, Thessaloniki and Vergina are also available. A 2-night tour of London is included for students on the optional AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- As the birthplace of democracy, Athens has had an extraordinary role in the history of the world. Celebrated as the ancient seat of classical thought, Greece’s cosmopolitan capital has always been a visually stunning city but visitors are often surprised to learn that it is also sophisticated and modern, with an efficient transport system, a young population, vibrant street life and a relaxed lifestyle. The Athenians, and Greeks in general, are known for their graciousness and hospitality; they will welcome you with a smile!
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required. Due to visa regulations, we recommend you apply early. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program