- Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend your summer traveling to London, Berlin, Prague, Kraków and Warsaw on AIFS’ Centuries of Genocide study and travel program. You'll earn 3 semester credits from Richmond, The American International University in London. Course is taught in English.
Live in twin or triple rooms in student residences or tourist-class hotels. Breakfast is included throughout, as well as a welcome dinner in Berlin, lunch in the Czech Winery region of Moravia, and a traditional Polish dinner in Kraków.
Academic trips to locations such as Auschwitz and Birkenau, ‘Schindler’s Factory’ museum, the Warsaw Ghetto and the memorial at Ravensbruck are included in this program. You will also have the opportunity to meet with NGOs who are actively working to draw attention to, and support survivors of, modern-day genocide in places like Sudan. Although the subject matter for this program is very serious, it is balanced with time for students to relax and enjoy sightseeing tours of each city.
- Setting Description:
- This comprehensive survey of genocide includes travel and study in London (7 nights), Berlin (5 nights), Prague (3 nights), Krakow (3 nights), and Warsaw (5 nights).
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required. Lower GPAs considered on a case-by-case basis. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program