- Salamanca, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Take a gap year on your terms — with AIFS.
We provide all-inclusive, flexible program options to customize your gap year adventure around the world. Mix and match destinations and academic terms for a one-of-a-kind opportunity to earn college credits, immerse yourself in a different culture, acquire global skills and expand your life experience.
AIFS Gap Year Programs are available to high school graduates 18 and over.
Spend a semester or year in the picturesque city of Salamanca with AIFS and earn up to 15 credits. Live in a student apartment or choose a homestay or student residence for an additional fee. Enjoy cultural activities like guided city walks, Spanish cooking classes, museum visits, a tapas tour and intercambios with Spanish students. An overnight trip to Madrid and Toledo and various day trips to places like Segovia, Ribera del Duero wine region (Fall only) and Ciudad Rodrigo (Spring only) are included and vary per semester. Optional trips include a 4-day visit to Morocco, a 4-day trip to Seville, Granada and Cordoba and 3-day trip to Portugal.
AIFS in Salamanca offers an optional Early Start Program to students at all levels of Spanish. In addition to intensive Spanish study, students can take Spanish culture or business courses in English, and students at an advanced level can participate in an Integrated Studies with Spaniards Program (available to Early Start students only). Volunteer opportunities are also available.
Also offering a Medical and Health Program. Intended for students of health sciences, nursing, health management, pharmacology or biology. All courses taught in English. Students take a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 health courses and a total of 5 courses.
AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive fees include tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated round-trip flight packages are available.
- Setting Description:
- Salamanca exudes a unique medieval charm that makes it the perfect university town. Established in 1218, the University of Salamanca is Spain’s oldest and world-renowned for the teaching of Spanish as a second language. In Salamanca you can walk everywhere. The city offers a rich arts, sports and culture scene for students.
- Spanish and International Studies and International Business Studies: with meal allowance - $11,795 without meal allowance - $10,995 Medical and Health Program: with meal allowance - $12,495 without meal allowance - $11,695
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates. Minimum 2.5 GPA. No previous Spanish language study required for International Business Studies or Spanish Language and Culture programs.
- Scholarships Description:
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program