- Limerick, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Break
- Program Description:
Take a gap year on your terms — with AIFS.
We provide all-inclusive, flexible program options to customize your gap year adventure around the world. Mix and match destinations and academic terms for a one-of-a-kind opportunity to earn college credits, immerse yourself in a different culture, acquire global skills and expand your life experience.
AIFS Gap Year Programs are available to high school graduates 18 and over.
Spend a semester or year in the charming city of Limerick and earn up to 15 credits. Live in University townhouses on campus with meal vouchers included. Enjoy activities such as visits to museums, castles and other historic sites, traditional Irish music performances and sporting events. Included is a 2-day excursion to the Aran Islands and a day trip to the west of Ireland. Fall semester includes a 3-day visit to Dublin and a day trip to Cork; spring semester includes a 3-day visit to Belfast and a day trip to Killarney.
Earn up to 15 credits through a variety of courses studying at the University of Limerick. Courses are taught in English. AIFS offers a unique academic experience at the University of Limerick, named 2015 University of the Year in the UK. Students have access to the University’s full curriculum of courses and take classes alongside Irish students. Volunteer opportunities are also available.
AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive fees include tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated round-trip flight packages are available.
- Setting Description:
- Limerick, the third largest city in Ireland, is located in the picturesque west of Ireland, along the River Shannon. Experience the beauty of the Irish countryside while studying at the most innovative university in Ireland. Ireland has a rich cultural heritage with its own distinctive language (Gaelic), music, culture, sports and worldwide reputation for hospitality. Céad míle fáilte romhat! One hundred thousand welcomes!
- Visit website for details.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates. Minimum 2.9 GPA (GPAs 2.75 and above considered on a case-by-case basis).
- Scholarships Description:
- Completed scholarship and program applications must be received / postmarked by scholarship deadline. Please see website for more information.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program