- Granada, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Take a gap year on your terms — with AIFS.
We provide all-inclusive, flexible program options to customize your gap year adventure around the world. Mix and match destinations and academic terms for a one-of-a-kind opportunity to earn college credits, immerse yourself in a different culture, acquire global skills and expand your life experience.
AIFS Gap Year Programs are available to high school graduates 18 and over.
Spend a semester or year in the charming and captivating city of Granada with AIFS and earn up to 15 credits. Live in a student apartment or homestay or choose a student residence for an additional fee. Enjoy activities such as hiking in the nearby Sierra Nevadas, Spanish cooking classes and much more. AIFS includes a 3-day trip to Gibraltar, Seville and Córdoba and the beach town of Nerja on the Costa del Sol. Fall semester includes a day trip to La Alpujarra; spring semester includes a day trip to Ronda. Optional excursions include a 3-day trip to Morocco and a 3-day trip to Madrid and Toledo.
You’ll earn up to 15 credits through a variety of courses studying at the University of Granada. Courses are taught in English or Spanish with no previous Spanish language study required for the Spanish Language and Culture program. An optional Early Start Program is available to students at all levels of Spanish to gain a headstart adjusting to life in Spain. Volunteer opportunities are also available.
AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive fees include tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated round-trip flight packages are available.
- Setting Description:
- Granada, perched between the dazzling white peaks of the Sierra Nevada and the blue Mediterranean of the Costa del Sol, has a cosmopolitan air, but retains the feel of a small, welcoming Andalusian town. Traces of Moorish, Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque architecture can be found around every corner. Granada gives students the chance to be immersed in the Spanish language, culture, cuisine and tradition in a city renowned for its dynamic heritage and fusion.
- Please visit website for details.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates. Minimum 2.5 GPA. No previous Spanish language study required for Spanish Language and Culture program (taught in English).
- Scholarships Description:
- Completed scholarship and program applications must be received / postmarked by scholarship deadline. See website for more information.