- Krugersdorp, South Africa
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Academic Year
- Program Description:
Alma Mater International School offers the Cambridge curriculum across all its grades. The International General Certificate in Secondary Education (IGCSE) is offered over two years starting in the 9th Grade and completing it at the end of the 10th Grade. Some US and Canadian colleges and universities will accept students with five Cambridge IGCSEs at grade C or above.
Cambridge A Levels are typically for students aged 16 to 19 who need advanced study to prepare for higher education and is usually completed over two years. All UK universities and over 500 US universities accept A Levels including Harvard and MIT.
- Setting Description:
- Our campus is situated in Krugersdorp 40 kilometers to the west of Johannesburg. The town has some beautiful residential areas, especially those seated on the north facing ridges. Services and facilities in Krugersdorp are excellent, and there are a number of leisure options; various provincial heritage sites including the Cradle of Humankind, the Sterkfontein Caves and the Wonder Cave, eco-adventure park, the South African National Bird of Prey Centre and the Railway and Steam Train Museum. Krugersdorp has modernized itself. It has ultra-modern sports facilities including a sports stadium, contemporary business centers, shopping malls, numerous smaller shops, three large private large private hospitals and medical center.
- 11900 USD. Excluded from school fees are transport, stationery, study guides, school uniforms, and text- and exercise books, camps, excursions, tours, Matric Farewell and Valentines Ball
Additional Program Information
- Online international entrance assessment and interview
- Scholarships Description:
- Merit-based partial scholarships
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program