AIDE Abroad’s international volunteer program in Guatemala provides opportunities to explore the fields of ecotourism, conservation, and social development. Your volunteer work may involve rehabilitating jungle animals, building homes for low-income popu
- Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Economic Development, Education, Environment
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months
- Program Description:
- AIDE Abroad believes that international service learning develops intercultural competence, as well as tolerance and understanding of circumstances and societies that are different from our own. Our aim is to build a worldwide community of global citizens who will be part of an ongoing intercultural conversation. Welcome aboard, and we hope that you enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Acceptance to our volunteer abroad program may be dependent upon age and Spanish language ability. We offer in-country Spanish courses for those who would like to improve their Spanish before starting their volunteer program.
AIDE Abroad’s international volunteer program in Guatemala provides opportunities to explore the fields of ecotourism, conservation, and social development. Your volunteer work may involve rehabilitating jungle animals, building homes for low-income populations, or providing English lessons. Volunteers will live with a Guatemalan host family, and you will have the opportunity to discover the rich history, beautiful landscapes and friendly Guatemalan culture. AIDE Abroad’s volunteer abroad placements in Guatemala are in located in Antigua, Flores, and Hawaii, where participants will have the opportunity to explore pre-Colombian, colonial, and present-day Guatemala.
AIDE Abroad Volunteer Abroad Services: • Guaranteed placement prior to departure for Guatemala • Detailed placement offer (including duties, responsibilities, and other relevant information) • Accommodation with a host family and meals (unless otherwise noted) • Pre-departure orientation and detailed handbook • Visa assistance (if needed) • Travel Medical Insurance • Airport pickup and transfer to accommodation • Arrival orientation • Full-time local representative in Guatemala • 24/7 personal support and emergency number • Certificate of completion (upon request) • Assistance receiving service learning hours (check with your university advisor for requirements) • Language class placement (class prices not included in program fee)
- Setting Description:
- Living with a host family in Antigua will give you invaluable insight into Guatemalan culture. During your volunteer program, you will live with a Guatemalan family either individually, or with a small group of other volunteers in the city. You will be provided with 2-3 meals per day. The volunteer program placements in Petén and Hawaii offer on-site living instead of home stay accommodations.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program