AIDE Abroad’s international internships in Australia are designed for university students and recent graduates who want to complement their studies with structured training in the workplace. The goal is for interns to better understand their industry, di
- Sydney, Australia; Brisbane, Australia; Adelaide, Australia; Melbourne, Australia; Perth, Australia
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Rolling Starts, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Engineering, Hospitality, Journalism, Sciences & Environment
- Program Description:
- AIDE’s international internships in Australia offer participants the opportunity to gain experience and develop employability skills in a global context. Furthermore, participants may be eligible to receive academic credit for their international internship with AIDE. AIDE believes that this access to experiential learning develops intercultural competence, as well as tolerance and understanding of circumstances and societies that are different from our own. Our aim is to build a worldwide community of global citizens who will be part of an ongoing intercultural conversation. Welcome aboard, and we hope that you enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Acceptance to our International Internship Australia program is dependent upon education level, English language ability, and professional experience. AIDE offers in-country English courses for those who do not already posses an advanced level of English upon starting their internship.
AIDE Abroad’s international internships in Australia are designed for university students and recent graduates who want to complement their studies with structured training in the workplace. The goal is for interns to better understand their industry, distinguish their CV with a professional work place experience in an English-speaking country and gain confidence in their field of expertise.
AIDE Abroad International Internship Services: • Guaranteed international internship placement prior to departure for Australia • Detailed training plan/internship offer (including duties/responsibilities, reporting structure, and other relevant information) • Assistance finding accommodation (accommodation not included in program fee) • Pre-departure orientation and detailed handbook • Visa assistance • Airport pickup and transfer to accommodation in Sydney • First two nights’ accommodation with breakfast in a Sydney hostel • Arrival orientation • Travel Medical Insurance • Workplace Liability Insurance • Full-time local representative in Australia • Internet access at resource center • Mail hold and forward • Advice on obtaining a tax file number • Support with setting up an Australian bank account • 24/7 personal support and emergency number • In Sydney, social and cultural activities (i.e. BBQs, movie nights, pub nights, and informal get-togethers) • Certificate of completion (upon request) • Assistance receiving academic credit (check with your university advisor for requirements) • Language class placement (class prices not included in program fee)
- Setting Description:
- Most internship placements are located in Sydney and other capital cities, such as Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth. We will attempt to place participants in their preferred location; however this will be subject to availability. Our resource center is centrally located and near Sydney’s Hyde Park. All participants are welcome to use free internet for up to half an hour every day. Interns can also get information from the staff about tour bookings and travel discounts. In Sydney, we organize regular social and cultural activities for all participants. This may include BBQs, movie nights, pub nights and informal get-togethers.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program