- Amman, Jordan
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
The Ali Baba International Center offers Arabic language immersion programs in the summer. A typical program consists of a language course, comfortable accommodation and a rich set of activities.
(Language courses): Intensive courses with different durations are offered in the summer of 2018. The courses are supplemented with extensive programs of social and cultural activities. Three special summer courses are offered :
• 1-month Summer Courses. Three 1-month summer courses are offered: in June, in July, and in August.
• 2-month Summer Courses. Two 2-month summer courses are offered: in June-July and in July-August.
• 3-month Summer Course. One 3-month summer course is offered: in June-July-August.
(Accomodations) : Five accommodation options are available for the students to choose from: • Private Studio. Open area with a bedroom, bathroom, kitchenette, Wi-Fi.
• Private Apartment. A bedroom, bathroom, kitchenette, living area, Wi-Fi.
• Shared Apartment. Multiple bedrooms, bathroom, kitchenette, living area, Wi-Fi. A bedroom can be occupied by one person or two persons.
• Homestays. A private bedroom, plus two meals per day. Wi-Fi access.
• Hotels & Hotel-Suite. All types of hotels and hotel-suites.
(Extra-Curricular Activities): In-campus and off-campus extra-curricular activities are arranged every week.
• In-campus activities such as Arabic Calligraphy, Jordanian Cooking, Arabic Henna, Color Sand art bottles classes, among others.
• Off-campus activities such as a trip to downtown Amman upon arrival, a trip to a touristic site, field trips, among others.
- Setting Description:
- Ali Baba International Center is located the neighborhood of the university of Jordan, which has a population of 40,000 students. Therefore, students enrolled in Ali Baba Center have access to all types of facilities available for college students. The center has 158 spacious air-conditioned classrooms, Free WiFi, PC lab, Language Lab, a café, bookshop, social room, and large reception area. Some facilities such as sport facilities, shops, cafés, restaurants are located in the same building. Accommodations available for the students such as dorms, hotels, apartments, and homestays are also located nearby the center.
- An immersion summer program package consists of the followings items:
1. Language course.
2. Accommodation Options:
-Private small apartments.
-Homestay with a local family.
3. Airport transfer.
4. One touristic trip.
5. Extra-curricular activities.
6. Certificate of completion.
7. Language partner.
Additional Program Information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program