- San Ignacio, Belize; Da Nang, Viet Nam; Jodhpur, India
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Program Description:
Dates for 2019 are:
- Jodhpur, India / June 1 – June 30, 2019
- San Ignacio, Belize / June 22 – July 21, 2019
- Da Nang, Vietnam / July 6 – August 4, 2019
With Actuality Media you can use your expertise as a filmmaker to research, write, shoot and edit a short documentary video about a changemaker who will then use it to launch themselves on the international stage. Your compelling video can make the difference for future volunteers, grants, donations, and world wide attention. Each outreach will consist of multiple crews, each producing a documentary on a different local changemaker. An Actuality Media crew is made up of four positions Producer, Director, Cinematographer and Editor. All crew members will have additional creative, technical and administrative duties in addition to their primary responsibility on the project. You will be able to indicate on your application which position(s) you are interested in. Actuality Media provides professional camera and sound equipment to each crew to use at any time during the outreach. Crew members are encouraged to use their creativity to make any additional lighting, grip, or art tools they need out of materials at Base Camp or around the city. Similarly, the possibilities for potential locations are endless find your shot. At Base Camp there will be Adobe Premiere editing software for each crew. A Project Coordinator will work with each crew to achieve a complete post production workflow, finishing with completed sound, music, titles and graphics. To finish up the trip a gathering will be held with participants and locals to screen the finished films.
1. Create a short documentary that can bring about change in the world.
2. Explore the world and see fantastic sights.
3. Meet fantastic people - locals you will remember forever, and filmmakers you may work with again.
4. Learn the Actuality Media way of creating a compelling documentary story that can be used countless times in your future.
5. Take part in a group excursion that will find you all together on a unique, local activity.
Go on an adventure like no other that will change the world. Academic credit can be obtained through your own university please contact Actuality Media and speak with an advisor at your school for more information.
- Setting Description:
- Each year Actuality Media selects new locations in developing communities around the globe. These areas are where changemakers congregate to solve myriad problems, and are often where tourists and locals both gather in large numbers, affording changemakers the volunteers they need to work towards a solution.
- $3400-$3800 USD. Includes: Pre-departure materials Instruction in documentary storytelling and filmmaking Production and editorial equipment rental Shared lodging in traveler’s hotel or hostel Two meals each day Ground transportation in country for production Office and meeting facility use Group tourist excursion Production legal documentation Visa documentation Access to a translator for production Travel Health Insurance and more
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Please visit our website.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program