In the Restoration of Paintings course, you will learn various techniques for preserving and restoring paintings: analyzing the degree of damage, canvas, pigments, materials, painting methods, brush strokes, coloration characteristics, temperature, moistu
- Florence, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
- Learn How to Restore Authentic Paintings in Florence!
Especially in the field of Painting Restoration, Florence is an ideal place to learn, with many paintings and art works waiting to be restored. You will have the chance to work with authentic paintings, including those from 15th century, in a laboratory of a professional art restaurateurs.
The program emphasizes the importance of understanding and respecting the aesthetic and cultural significance of artifacts requiring restoration.
During the course, students will :
1) Learn the scientific and technical tools/methods for identifying the materials employed in the fabrication and restoration of artifacts;
2) Develop a technical understanding of art works properties, the mechanisms of deterioration of art works;
3) Study restoration materials;
4) Acquire the procedures and techniques employed in restoration documentation;
5) Understand the importance of interdisciplinary study that fosters the student’s creative learning in different restoration specialties and related fields.
In the Restoration of Paintings course, you will learn various techniques for preserving and restoring paintings: analyzing the degree of damage, canvas, pigments, materials, painting methods, brush strokes, coloration characteristics, temperature, moisture level, storage environment, as well as each painting's historical importance and its authors' habits. You will learn hands-on, the scientific and technical means to identify the materials employed in the fabrication and restoration of artifacts. You will have opportunities to work on 15th century paintings, too. The instructor is recognized art restorer with rich experience and high reputation.
Art visits on Fridays, Computer and Free Wifi available in the school building, English/Italian/Spanish interpreter service, Student support, Italian language lessons, Internship placement, collaboration with local companies/laboratories
- Setting Description:
- Typologies of Program We offer several courses that vary in level, duration and intensity of the study: - One Year Course (Basic/Atelier/Specialty) - Master Course - Short courses - Summer intensive courses *For further details, please inquire directly to our staff
- Art Short Course:please inquire One-year Course:15,000 Euro Atelier Course:12,000 Euro Master Course:16,000 Euro Internship: Please inquire
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program