In this program, you will learn all the steps of hand-made bag making process from skilled artisans.You will learn to design original bags, make patterns, cut leather, skive the leather, make high-quality bags for which Italy is well known in the world. B
- Florence, Italy
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Fashion
- Program Description:
- Florence is known for the best leather art, with high quality brands of bags and shoes like Ferragamo and Gucci. In this bag making course, you can learn every aspect of hand-made production of bags, directly from highly skilled Florentine artists.
Students with no previous experiences can start from easy pocketbooks, while if you are already in the business, we will customize the curriculum according to your needs and preferences , in order to give you the best professional experience possible!
Of course, the work(s) you have created are all yours to bring back home!
Our professors come from local families with a long tradition in this field.
The number of participants is limited in order to give you the best learning experience, followed step by step by your teacher.
In the school laborites, our teachers will instill in you their passion and high-level technical skills, through an easy and comprehensive teaching approach.
We believe our courses will be a valuable asset for your professional future, giving you the unique chance to develop your inner expressive world and refine your aesthetic sense!
Typologies of Program
We offer several courses that vary in level, duration and intensity of the study:
- One Year Course (Basic/Atelier/Specialty)
- Master Course
- Short courses
- Summer intensive courses
*For further details, please inquire directly to our staff
In this program, you will learn all the steps of hand-made bag making process from skilled artisans.You will learn to design original bags, make patterns, cut leather, skive the leather, make high-quality bags for which Italy is well known in the world. Beginners and professional are both welcome, as the program is customized to each student's experience and preference. YOu can make all types of bags, using soft leather, raw leather, hand-sewn and machine-sewn. Students are given opportunities to visit international leather art fairs in Italy, too. In 2-weeks: 1 or 2 small bags or medium size bag, learning the basic and various techniques from Italian professionals. In 4-weeks: 2 or 3 bags with small, medium, or large size, learning basic and various techniques. In 8-weeks or more: You can make several bags for different occasions, and invent also your personal project.
Art visits on Fridays, Computer and Free Wifi available in the school building, English/Italian/Spanish interpreter service, Student support, Italian language lessons, Internship placement, collaboration with local companies/laboratories Curriculum - Selected list of subjects: Art History Color Theory Three Dimentional Design Foundation Drawing and Painting Introduction to Art(Weekly Art Visit and Monthly Art Stage) Bag Drawing Bag Construction and Pattern Making Bag Making Computer Aided Bag Design Introduction to Line Building Independent Study in Bag Making Developing a Successful Portfolio
- Setting Description:
- The school is located in the historical centre of Florence, a few steps from the Church of St. Lorenzo and a few minutes' work from the central station and the Duomo. School building is a historical structure built for a queen. Lessons are held in the school's laboratory equipped with all the necessary tools of bag making.
- Art Short Course:please inquire directly Intensive Course:please inquire directly One-year Course:15,000 Euro Atelier Course:12,000 Euro Master Course:16,000 Euro Internship: Please inquire
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program