Learn the Secrets of Italian Style Jewelry! From the minute you step in the class you will complete jewelry making procedures hands-on that will progress from basic to advanced levels of complexity (depending on the duration of your study-experience). D
- Florence, Italy
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Fashion
- Program Description:
- Learn authentic Jewelry Making from Italian Artisans in historical centre of Florence!
Hands-on training with interpreter promises you quick learning and several jewelries to bring home even in a short period.
Beginners and professionals are both welcome with curriculum customized for each student.
Short course from 1 week as well as Academic courses for 1 year, Master course, and Internship.
Learn the Secrets of Italian Style Jewelry! From the minute you step in the class you will complete jewelry making procedures hands-on that will progress from basic to advanced levels of complexity (depending on the duration of your study-experience). During this course you will create several pieces of jewelry. While learning, you will complete time proven jewelry making exercises designed to facilitate the learning of multiple jewelry construction and assembly techniques. You will perform and understand many of the tasks that you need in order to start making and designing jewelry. You will master a variety of techniques for making jewelry including cutting, forming, joining, casting and finishing. Also, you will be able to learn the traditional art of "Incisione"and open-work. You will not be limited to metal and other traditional materials, but will be able to incorporate items such as beads, plastics, glass and found objects into your work. You will be challenged with more advanced techniques, while developing self-created projects aimed at discovering your personal aesthetic sense and originality.
Typologies of Program We offer several courses that vary in level, duration and intensity of the study: - One Year Course (Basic/Atelier/Specialty) - Master Course - Short courses - Summer intensive courses * For further details, please inquire directly to our staff Art visits on Fridays, Computer and Free Wifi available in the school building, English/Italian/Spanish interpreter service, Student support, Italian language lessons, Internship placement, collaboration with local companies/laboratories
- Setting Description:
- The school is located in the historical centre of Florence, a few steps from the Church of St. Lorenzo and a few minutes' work from the central station and the Duomo. School building is a historical structure built for a queen. Lessons are held in the school's laboratory equipped with all the necessary tools of jewelry making.
- Art Short Course: please inquire Intensive Course: please inquire One-year Course:15,000 Euro Atelier Course:12,000 Euro Master Course:16,000 Euro Internship: Please inquire
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program