- Rabat, Morocco
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- MayMester Intersession, Summer
- Program Description:
Morocoo's complex society is fueled by its unique blend of African, European, Middle Eastern, and Mediterranean civilizations. In the APA Rabat: June Short-Term program, spend three weeks in the country's capital city learning how its history and past traditions are shaping public policy and personal beliefs both present and future.
Students follow one four-credit course, taught in English:
Language, Identity and Nationalism in Contemporary Morocco
Postcolonial History of the Maghreb: Issues and Debates
Social Movements in the Middle East and North Africa
All course professors have added site visits and guest speakers to classes to futher contribute to discussions and lectures.
A weekly lesson in Darija, the Moroccan Arabic dialect, provides useful words and phrases that are often heard in shops and restaurants around town.
The attentive on-site support staff also arranges a fun calendar of cultural events and outings to fully showcase the Moroccan heritage and they also arrange for homestay housing for every student.
- Setting Description:
- Spend three weeks in sunny Rabat, Morocco located along the North African Mediterranean coast. Influenced by African, European, and Middle Eastern societies, this coastal capital city is a unique blend of cultures.
- Please visit the APA website for up-to-date program fees.
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 GPA, sophomore standing and above and gap years welcome
- Scholarships Description:
- Two scholarships are available: Social Media Leadership and Visual Media. For award amounts, deadlines, and the application, visit the APA website.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program