- Dakar, Senegal; Paris, France; Rabat, Morocco
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Learn, analyze, and compare three vibrant Francophone cities: Paris, France; Rabat, Morocco; and Dakar, Senegal up close with a cross-cultural semester abroad. This interdisciplinary term takes students through four courses, each taught in French. Courses are led by local professors in each host city, each highly regarded in their respective fields of study.
All students take Introduction to France, Morocco, Senegal: Three Worlds, One Language. The three remaining courses are selected from the following:
- Development Economics: Findings and Perspectives
- Emigration from Africa to Europe: Between the Strong Southern Migratory Aspiration and the Protectionism of Northern "El Dorado"
- French Colonialism and Decolonization: France, Morocco, Senegal
- Intersecting Perspectives on Visual Arts in 19th-21st Century Paris, Rabat, Dakar
- Islam, Politics and Identity: France, the Maghreb & West Africa
- Gender, Feminism in Transnational Contexts
- Passages through Francophone Cities
Whether it is a night at the theater in Paris or a mbalax concert in Dakar, explore the cultures of your host cities with an exclusive culture package filled with cultural events, day trips, and weekend excursions. Take your immersion further by living with a host family in each location and learning about daily life firsthand. Orientation, academic, language support including Arabic lessons in Rabat and Wolof lessons in Dakar, and air travel between host cities are also provided.
Begin your application online at APA.
- Setting Description:
- Spend five weeks each in the capital cities of France, Morocco, and Senegal: Paris, Rabat, and Dakar.
- Program fees include tuition, homestay housing, cultural activities and excursions, and intercountry travel.
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 GPA, Sophomore standing and above, 4 or more semesters of college-level French or equivalent.
- Scholarships Description:
- Two scholarships are available: Social Media Leadership and Visual Media. For applications, award amounts, and deadlines, visit our website.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program