Travel. Learn and Explore with Abroad Impact. In addition to volunteer and intern opportunities, we offer unique programs in renewable energy, textiles, and photography. Travel individually or with a group of your peers, experience a new culture and colla
- Kumasi, Ghana; Cape Coast, Ghana; Accra, Ghana
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
- Abroad Impact gives participants many opportunities to experience Ghana authentically as a member of the community, not merely as tourists. Intern, volunteer or participate in workshops that combine travel, learning and hands on workshops.
Intern: Law Human Rights, Medicine and Healthcare, Media and Journalism
Volunteer: Teach, Conservation, Building and Community Development
Workshops/Eductour: Textile Design, Photography, Renewable Energy
All programs feature affordable rates and include placement, housing, some meals, and orientation and program support.
Travel. Learn and Explore with Abroad Impact. In addition to volunteer and intern opportunities, we offer unique programs in renewable energy, textiles, and photography. Travel individually or with a group of your peers, experience a new culture and collaborate with local Ghanaians, educators, government and private agencies on a variety of projects. Though many organizations offer placement in Ghana, few offer unique and affordable programs structured with careful thought and consideration for your needs, as well as the needs of the local Ghanaian community. Unlike other exchange programs, Abroad Impact is founded by native Ghanaians who, through exposure abroad, have a keen understanding for the needs of foreigners traveling to Ghana. We have a personal interest in ensuring a true cultural immersion experience and are excited to show foreigners the richness Ghana has to offer.
- Setting Description:
- Renowned as one of the friendliest countries in the world, Ghana has a distinct and rich culture that is intertwined with majestic chiefs, pulsating African drums, bustling city life in Accra contrasted by lush green villages and craft towns, slave castles dating back to the 15th century placed along the coastal beaches, and wildlife preserves inhabited by elephants, monkeys, hippos, and alligators. There are many large open air markets and crafts fairs to explore, as well as African drumming and many historical sites.
- starting at 1,500 for one month of intern or volunteer programs Fee includes: - Placement and supervision in program - Pre-departure guidance - Airport pick up - In-country orientation - Housing and meals with host family - Initial transport to internship and volunteer site - Guidance with sightseeing and recreational activities - Travel insurance - Certificate of completion/letter of recommendation
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program