- Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year
- Program Description:
In August 2015, aboard the tall ship Sorlandet, 60 qualified students in 11th and 12th grade will undertake a voyage of remarkable discovery as they and their teachers set course on a circumnavigation of the world. Whether engaged in inter-tidal environmental studies in the Amazon delta, conducting anthropological studies on Easter Island, diving on the Great Barrier Reef in Australia or meeting with leading edge business and political figures in Hong Kong, Singapore or Shanghai, our students will benefit from firsthand explorations of the planet while completing a rigorous course of study, suitable for university entrance anywhere in the world. A+ Academy is about new schools of thought. We are committed to a curriculum, to learning experiences and to teaching strategies that prepare students today for the world that they will live in tomorrow. A+ students get to take their classroom to the world.
A+ World Academy offers a rigorous two year pre-university curriculum leading to studies in the Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences and Business. In your last two years of high school study, you will enjoy the benefits of an enriched international curriculum and Advanced Placement courses. The curriculum is divided into three distinct components: Core Programme Courses, Elective Programme Courses and the Signature Programme, i.e., those courses that are specific to an A+ World Academy education.
Our students become engaged in living their very own global education. Beyond exceptional results in traditional academic preparation for university, our students define excellence in responsible global citizenship. A+ is not just about course work; the most successful young people that we have met are those who acquire and practice critical inter-personal skills and who have developed a strong moral compass. Teamwork, responsibility, independence, respectful conduct, resourcefulness and good choices are all hallmarks of an A+ education.
- Setting Description:
- Each school year, 20+ destinations, 20+ campuses worldwide. We will sail from Kristiansand, Norway to Hong Kong, SAR, with 21 stops in between. Tall Ships and their communities are unique. In this environment, self-reliance, teamwork, responsibility and social acuity emerge at an exponential rate. Students and staff have a heightened awareness of others, themselves, their world and their environment. The young people joining Sorlandet will be rapidly transformed in the most positive of ways. "It is necessary for youth to experience events that reveal the inner worth of a person; the edge of one's temper; the fiber of one's stuff; the quality of one's resistance; the secret truth of one's pretenses; not only to oneself but to others". E.M. Forster, on shipboard life, "A Passage to India".
- Tuition & Fees 39900 Euros The information below applies to the 2015-2016 school year. Application Fee – New Students Only Application Fee 100 Euros* Tuition and Boarding Fees Tuition: 9500 Euros Room & Board: 14250 Euros Other Fees Field Studies & Signature Programming
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- We can give scholarships of up to 50% of the total tuition on a case by case basis. Please visit our webpage for more information.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program