- Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Academic Year
- Program Description:
A+ World Academy is one of the most unique international boarding schools in the world. We give 62 11th and 12th grade students as well as gap year students the opportunity to take courses in a school at sea that travels the globe to more than 20 port cities on the oldest fully-rigged sailing ship in the world. We offer a challenging, rigorous, one of a kind program that develops students into global citizens and leaders with grit, resilience, and perseverance.
We offer Advanced Placement courses, as well as our own signature program that includes field studies, guest lecturers and a learning optimization seminar. Through small classes, a 7:1 teacher-student ratio, university guidance, individual student profiles and student support around the clock, we offer an education adapted to your needs.
A+ World Academy is more than a high school. In addition to preparing our you for continued university studies, we offer an environment that stimulates personal growth. Through unparalleled interactions with peers, teachers and people from around the world, you obtain global insight that no other school can offer.
Our program is demanding, and not for everyone. Not only are you a student at the school, but you take part in sailing the world’s oldest operating fully-rigged Tall Ship. You will be given challenging chores, but also have experiences that you will benefit from later in life. As part of a crew that needs to work together for a year, you will learn not only about sailing and seamanship, but also about cooperation, leadership and teamwork.
- Setting Description:
- Each school year, 20+ destinations, 20+ campuses worldwide. Tall Ships and their communities are unique. In this environment, self-reliance, teamwork, responsibility and social acuity emerge at an exponential rate. Students and staff have a heightened awareness of others, themselves, their world and their environment. The young people joining Sorlandet will be rapidly transformed in the most positive of ways. "It is necessary for youth to experience events that reveal the inner worth of a person; the edge of one's temper; the fiber of one's stuff; the quality of one's resistance; the secret truth of one's pretenses; not only to oneself but to others". E.M. Forster, on shipboard life, "A Passage to India".
- Tuition & Fees 62,900 Euros The information below applies to the 2019/2020 school year. Application Fee – New Students Only Application Fee 150 Euros*
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- We can give scholarships of up to 10% of the total tuition on a case by case basis. Please visit our webpage for more information.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program