Cartagena, Colombia Declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Cartagena is a charming walled city with massive fortifications, sea views, colonial architecture, cultural festivals and superb beach areas near by. Due to its strategic location, Cartagena is a
- Cartagena, Colombia
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Education, Health, Social Services
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months
- Program Description:
- Our programs in Colombia give you a unique opportunity to experience this tropical country with its fascinating culture, loaded history and coastal charm.
Today Colombia ia a multi-ethnic nation combining a history of Spanish colonialism, African slave, indeginious Indians and a deep seeded Caribbean culture. The complex mix is evident in the countrie's diverse traditions, cuisine, handi-crafts, architecture as well as their arts. Known for their delicious coffee, beautiful beaches and enthusiastic fairs and festivals, visitng Colombia is a great chance to expand your view of the World.
Cartagena, Colombia Declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Cartagena is a charming walled city with massive fortifications, sea views, colonial architecture, cultural festivals and superb beach areas near by. Due to its strategic location, Cartagena is a regular port of call for cruise liner, receiving up to 100 cruises during high season. We offer the following programs in / around Cartagena: Program Length: 2 Weeks to 12 Weeks Program Date: year round * some exceptions Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm Accommodations: Homestay or on-site accommodations Meals: Yes, 3 meals a day Requirements: 18yrs +, proficient Spanish speaker
Social Welfare / Child Support: Cartagena (La Boquilla) This program is located in the beach community of La Boquilla, located about 25-30 minutes from downtown Cartagena. Most of the people in this area are fisherman and neighborhood homes are quite primitive. This multifunctioning center is supporting over 300 on a daily basis where they come to study, play and eat. There are free lunches, kingarten -primary school lessons, monthly health checks and a safe refuge for poor kids in the community. The focus of this organization is to improve the lives of the children and work on the prevention of child trafficing into the sex trade. In this center there are activities rooms for the kids, and volunteers are needed to encourage education, stimulate conversation, support the child care needs. The kids at the center range from toddlers to 15yrs old.
- Setting Description:
- Child Care Center This is a public facility that provides daily child care services, pre-school and kindergarten classes to small babies and children in this Torices neighborhood in north Cartagena. This center is located close by to downtown and only 10 minutes from the airport. The program mission is the care and support of children ranging from 18 months to 5 years old. The children receive stimulation as a method of learning where they can develop all the senses, games, songs and learn to have independence. The program has a nutrition program, where they provide a daily meal (lunch) to the kids
- Please check our Cost page on our website.
Additional Program Information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program