- La Ceiba, Honduras
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Economic Development, Education, Environment, Health, Social Services, Translation
- 1-2 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months
- Program Description:
- Work in an orphanage or children's center supporting the local orphans. Share your love and time with the needy children. Volunteers needed to teach basic conversational English and Computers. Other duties including organizing tram games, helping with homework, drawing, singing, kitchen and laundry help as well as basic upkeep such as sweeping, painting. Children range in age to babies to pre-teens. No prior experience required, having basic Spanish knowledge is helpful.
Volunteering Abroad in La Ceiba Honduras: Our projects are located in La Ceiba, a picturesque town located on the northern coast of the Caribbean Sea. La Ceiba is well known as the gateway of Honduras. The city maintains a small town welcoming feel where the locals are generous and easy going. The area around the city is mountainous and lush with vegetation. La Ceiba is a young, lively town that beats to the rhythm of its Latin, Caribbean and Afro-Antillean culture.
Program Length: From 1 to 12 weeks
Program Date: Flexible Start & End Date
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8 hour per day
Accommodations: Home stay
Meals: Yes, 3 meals a day
Requirements: 17 years or older, an open mind to new adventures.
- Setting Description:
- Unfortunately, the public health care system in Honduras is one of the worst in Latin America. In La Ceiba and the surrounding towns there are very few good hospitals and even most middle class families are unable to afford them.
Therefore, able healthcare volunteers are needed to assist in local hospitals which are often poorly-equipped. Nursing and medical students and professionals will EMT, Nursing, Dental and medical students and professionals will support local doctors and nurses in their work. Work task vary in different capacities from observing to providing assistance in surgery, based on your skills and experience. Also depending on your skill level, you may help care for patients, check blood pressure, distribute food, and work in the pharmacy or with a gynaecologist. *Medical, nurse and dental volunteers must submit a copy of their credentials or nursing certificate, or university/medical school letter verifying enrollment.
- Please check our Cost page on our website.
Additional Program Information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program