- La Serena, Chile
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Education, Health, Social Services
- 1-2 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 1 year
- Program Description:
- La Serena is a pretty colonial town with a population of about 120,000. It is the capital city of Coquimbo Province, located about 250 miles north of the Chilean capital of Santiago. From here you can reach the Elqui Valley, famous for producing "Pisco", (the traditional drink of choice in the Andes), and for being one of the world's major astronomical centers due to its clear skies (Tololo, Campanas and Silla Observatories).
Our programs allow you to take part in meaningful community service work, while discovering the people, sights, smells and tastes of Chile. Volunteering in Chile is a way to totally immerse yourself in Spanish culture.
Delve into a new language! We provide you the chance to fully immerse into Chilean culture; learn Spanish, volunteer in La Serena and have the chance to discover the Elqui Valley.
Program Length : From 1 to 12 weeks
Program Date: Flexible Start & End Date
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8 hour per day
Accommodations: Local guesthouse or homestay
Meals: Yes, 3 meals a day
Requirements: 18 years + , Basic Spanish knowledge, an able body and caring spirit.
- Setting Description:
- Our local Project Coordinators will provide HD orientation & La Serena city tour with lunch, introduction and placement in a volunteer work project. Half day (4 hours) Spanish language lessons. The project coordinator is available 24/7 in case of emergency, health-related or otherwise. They can assist in arranging sightseeing excursion before, during or after the volunteer program.
- Please check our Cost page on our website.
Additional Program Information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program