Orphanage / Child Care Assistance (Phnom Penh) Volunteer in a children’s orphanage, a safe haven for abused, often neglected children. The orphanages vary in size, some with as many as 100 children. All these children are orphans, rescued from the streets
- Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Education, Social Services
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 1 year
- Program Description:
- Phnom Penh, once considered to be the loveliest of Indochina's French-built cities, was called the "Pearl of Asia". The city has a mix of French colonial and Khmer architecture, and sits at the base of the Mekong, Bassac and Tonlé Sap Rivers. Phnom Penh has a number of Wats (temple-monasteries), museums and other places of interest in and around the city. These can be found in the heart of the city where French villas and street-side cafes border the tree-lined boulevards and outdoor market stands.
Orphanage / Child Care Assistance (Phnom Penh) Volunteer in a children’s orphanage, a safe haven for abused, often neglected children. The orphanages vary in size, some with as many as 100 children. All these children are orphans, rescued from the streets or have been abandoned by their families. The children at the orphanage thrive on the attention and love our volunteers can share with them. Children range from infants to teenagers.
Program Includes: Accommodation with a local English speaking host family, private bedroom with ceiling fan, shared bathroom, 2 meals a day provided. Welcome Dinner on arrival. Airport pick up and drop off in Phnom Penh. Our local Project Coordinators will provide welcome orientation including city tour, project introduction and placement and supervision in the program. The project coordinator is available 24/7 in case of emergency, health-related or otherwise. They can assist in arranging sightseeing excursion before, during or after the volunteer program.
- Setting Description:
- Teaching / Education (Phnom Penh) Volunteering in Cambodia benefits both the volunteer and the students, and it will be an unforgettable experience. Teaching English and helping in a school will not only give the Cambodian people opportunities that they may not have normally, but it will also give the volunteer a taste of Cambodian culture and Cambodian life. To work in the industries in the town areas, English language and basic computer skills proficiency is now a requirement. But in Cambodia the opportunity to learn and study is not available for everybody. So as a result many people are jobless. As a volunteer in Cambodia, you will teach English and/or computer skills to support the poor people, mostly in schools, thus improving the employment prospects of these future generations.
- Cost can be found on our website.
Additional Program Information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program