5. Study Abroad in England – With over 35,000 years of history, there’s bound to be some haunted buildings! Be sure to visit the attic at 50 Berkeley Square, which is said to be haunted by the spirit of a young woman who committed suicide by jumping out of the top floor window.
4. Study Abroad in Ireland – Castles abound in this lush landscape. Check out Castle Leslie in Country Monaghan which is supposedly inhabited by Norman Leslie, who died abroad in 1914 and returned to the castle as a ghost.
3. Study Abroad in Germany – The Babenhausen Barracks, which are now a museum, are said to be visited by the ghosts of German soldiers in World War II era uniforms.
2. Study Abroad in France – If you’re visiting the famous Eiffel Tower while studying abroad, take a moment while you’re at the top to listen – you may just hear the screams of a girl who was pushed off the tower by an enraged lover whom she refused to marry.
1. Study Abroad in Italy – Recently popularized by the band Bastille, Pompeii is a famous tourist attraction with a gruesome past. Over 2,000 people died when Mt. Vesuvius erupted in 79 AD. Till this day, visitors report hearing screams, seeing shadows and even smelling sulfur.